Small on AI
Our core mission at a small studio is using our gift of design to bring peace to our partners.
We also strive every day to embody our core values;
- Grace (Empathy)
- Child-like Wonder
- Radical Transparency
- Sense of Belonging
With the growth of generative AI within the design industry, it can be a challenging environment to navigate the intricate and nuanced application of these technologies into our day to day processes, design expertise, consulting presence, and partnership value drivers. Therefore, it was important that we approach our team's internal policy towards the usage of generative AI with our mission and values at the forefront of our decision making process.
We have developed guidelines for the utilization of generative AI, as well as how and when to use it within our processes;
- It is imperative that we uphold the core values of a small studio within all decision making around the utilization of generative AI within our internal and external processes.
- At the forefront of our intention to keep creativity authentic and for the good of the creative culture in general. We will not generate artwork or support the generation of sampled artwork via a generative AI tool.
- We must clearly define what within our processes is creation vs iteration. Creation often refers to the act of bringing something new into existence, while iteration implies making repeated refinements or variations on an existing concept. Creativity must be approached absent of LLM inputs, while iteration can include LLM inputs via applications of enhancing, reformatting or scaling authentically created work.
- Employ generative AI tools that strictly adhere to intellectual property protection guidelines, steer clear of an LLM that utilizes the proprietary data of our clients or internal IP, and ensure a thorough examination of terms and conditions before implementing any generative AI resource.
- The essence of creativity eludes definition until it manifests in the act of physical production. While technology may assist in ideation, the act of creation must remain genuine.
- If an LLM tool exists that helps to speed up a process with great value-adds to our client stakeholders and this tool does not jeopardize our best practice guidelines, we should consider the application of the tool within our processes. This includes commoditized processes (no code development, visual scaling, and image enhancements).